The Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 550 g (or 1¼ lb) of Brussels sprouts
- 16 g (or 2 teaspoons) of salt
- stevia equivalent of 50 g (or 3 tablespoons) of sugar
- 30 g (or 2 tablespoons) of unsalted butter
- 3 g (or ½ tablespoon) of raw cacao powder
- Trim and wash the Brussels sprouts and place them in a saucepan or skillet wide enough to contain them in a single layer.
- Add water into the pan until it barely covers the sprouts.
- Add the salt, stevia, and butter, and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sprinkle the cacao powder evenly into the pan.
- Stir briefly, and adjust the heat so that the water is actively boiling without frothing up.
- Keep the water boiling in this way until it is mostly evaporated and the Brussels sprouts are beginning to soften, approximately 20 minutes.
I don't know, one day I just imagined chocolate flavored Brussels sprouts. After I experimented and optimized the proportions it turned out to be a good idea.
|Belgian Chocolate? Brussels sprouts accompany my|
Catch a Chicken and pesto whole wheat noodles