|All Green Salsa on a blackened catfish taco with sour cream, chili sauce, and Aloha Guacamole, also in this blog|
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 or 3 tomatillos, weighing approximately 110 to 140 g (or 4 to 5 oz)
- 110 g (or 4 oz) of onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro, weighing approximately 110 g (or 4 oz)
- 7 ml (or 1½ teaspoons) of a pepper or chili sauce such as Tabasco
- Peel the garlic and smash the cloves using a mortar and pestle, adding a small amount of salt so that the garlic becomes smooth and foamy or creamy. (This could alternatively be done using a garlic press and mashing the salt in with a fork.)
- Peel and wash the tomatillos then cut them into rough slices.
- Peel the onion and chop it into medium chunks
- Wash the cilantro, remove the larger stems, and roughly chop the leaves and upper stems.
- Place the garlic, tomatillos, onion, and cilantro into a blender.
- Add the pepper or chili sauce, and 15 ml (or 1 tablespoon) of water.
- Blend at high speed to purée the salsa, adding more water if necessary.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt if necessary.