- These burgers are even more delicious with mascarpone, either as part of a side salad or spread thickly on sandwich thins to hold the burger.
- This is my version of a recipe on Safeway's web site.
The Ingredients (for 6 burgers):
- 1100 g (or 2½ lb) of salmon fillet
- 2 slices of frozen bread (I prefer New York rye with caraway seeds)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary (or 3 g; 1 tablespoon)
- 2 g (or 1 tsp) of finely ground white pepper
- 2 g (or ½ tsp) of salt
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml (or 2 Tbsp) of Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (or 1 Tbsp) of prepared horseradish
- one quarter of a medium-sized onion
- olive oil
- Chop the salmon until it is in small pieces approximately 3 mm (or ⅛ in) cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Break the frozen bread slices into smaller pieces and place in a food processor or blender (or grate on a manual grater) with the rosemary, pepper, and salt until the mixture is fine and thoroughly mixed.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Mix the mustard, horseradish, eggs and onions together.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients into the salmon and mash or stir until thoroughly mixed.
- If there is time, chill the mixture in the refrigerator for a half hour to make step 9 easier.
- Pour cooking grade olive oil in a pan to a depth of approximately 5 mm (or ¼ in) and heat on medium high.
- Form 6 patties with the salmon mixture. (Patties can be frozen, then thawed for use on a future occasion.)
- When the oil is hot enough to bubble around a small piece of the salmon, fry the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
|Fission Burger with salad and mascarpone|
|Fission Burger on sandwich thin with mascarpone|