- We often combine this dish with Blackened Ahi, as the wasabi mayonnaise is a perfect accompaniment to both.
- This is my preferred variation of a recipe I found on the Epicurious web site.
The Ingredients (for 4 or more servings):
- 120 ml (or ½ cup) of mayonnaise (preferably home-made)
- 15 ml (or 1 Tbsp) of soy sauce
- 15 ml (or 1 Tbsp) of lemon juice
- 30 ml (or 2 Tbsp) of wasabi paste
- Stevia equivalent of 7 cc (or ½ Tbsp) of sugar (stevia preparations vary greatly; I always read the label and exercise judgment)
- 550 g (or 1¼ lb) asparagus
- Mix together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice, wasabi paste, and stevia to form a homogeneous sauce.
- Trim and wash the asparagus in a steamer rack.
- Boil water in a pan that will hold the steamer rack.
- Place the asparagus in the pan and steam for exactly 4 minutes.
- Remove the steamer rack and run cold water over the asparagus until they are lukewarm to the touch.