The Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 80 ml (or ⅓ cup) of rice vinegar
- 22 ml (or 1½ tablespoons) of sherry
- stevia equivalent of 35 g (or 2 tablespoons) of sugar
- 12 g (or 1½ teaspoons) of salt
- 5 g (or 1½ teaspoons) of ground white pepper
- 60 ml (or ¼ cup) of toasted sesame oil
- 180 ml (or ¾ cup) of grapeseed oil
- 30 g (or ¼ cup) of pecans
- 1 bunch of arugula, weighing approximately 115 g (or 4 oz)
- 1 Asian pear, weighing approximately 225 g (or 8 oz)
- 55 g (or 2 oz) of blue cheese
- Place the rice vinegar, the sherry, the stevia, and the salt into a cruet or similar vessel.
- Swirl to dissolve the salt.
- Add the pepper and swirl again to distribute it evenly.
- Add the sesame oil and the grapeseed oil.
- Shake the cruet vigorously to form an emulsion.
- Toast the pecans in an oven at 175°C (or 350°F) for 5 minutes. Allow them to cool.
- Wash and trim the arugula and place it in a bowl sufficiently large to toss it in.
- Wash the pear, core it, and slice it into thin wedges.
- Toss the arugula and pear with a little of the salad dressing, to taste. (The remainder can be stored in the refrigerator and used for more or different salads.)
- Crumble the blue cheese and sprinkle it over the arugula and pear.
- Finally, sprinkle the pecans over the salad.
Asean Arugula au Pear complements Sichuan spiced rack of lamb