The Ingredients (for 6 servings):
- 190 g (or 1¾ cups) of pecans
- 8 g (or 1 teaspoon) of salt
- 4 g (or ½ tablespoon) of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 g (or 1 teaspoon) of Chinese five spice powder
- 970 g (or 2 lb) of chicken breast
- cooking grade olive oil
- Heat an oven to 200°C (or 400°F).
- Grind the pecans to a mealy consistency in a food processor or blender.
- Add the salt, pepper, and five spice powder and grind briefly again to distribute the seasoning evenly, then empty the mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Wash the chicken breasts, pat them dry, and remove the small muscle (pectoralis minor) from the main muscle (pectoralis major).
- Cut the chicken breast across the grain into slices that approximate the size of the small muscle.
- Spray or brush olive oil lightly on all sides of the chicken pieces.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the pecan mixture and place onto a broiler pan or similar baking dish.
- Bake the chicken pieces for 25 minutes.