- This was a light and satisfying dessert to complete our Christmas dinner menu.
- When we ate leftover Chocolate Chill the following day it tasted better to me. I suggest making the puree about 24 hours before you intend to serve it, adding the nuts and berries at the last moment.
The Ingredients (for 4 to 6 servings):
- 105 g (or 1 cup) of cacao powder
- 75 g (or ⅓ cup) of unsalted butter
- stevia equivalent of 200 g (or 1 cup) of sugar
- 1 g (or ⅛ teaspoon) of baking soda
- 1 g (or ¼ teaspoon) of salt
- 3 medium avocados
- 60 g (or 2 oz) of macadamia nuts
- 100 g (or ¾ cup) of frozen blueberries
- Soften the butter or gently melt it over mild heat and add the cacao powder. Mix well to dissolve the cacao.
- Add the stevia, baking soda, and salt and mix well again.
- Allow this mixture to cool but not to solidify.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the avocado with the cacao mixture until it is completely homogeneous.
- Chill the blended mixture in the refrigerator for up to 36 hours.
- At least half an hour (and up to two hours) before serving Chocolate Chill, heat an oven to 175°C (or 350°F) and toast the macadamia nuts for 5 min.
- Chop the nuts into smaller pieces and place them in the refrigerator to cool.
- Immediately before serving, mix the macadamia nuts and the frozen blueberries into the chocolate mixture.