The Ingredients (for 3 servings):
- 1 kg (or 2¼ lb) of beef short ribs
- 120 ml (or ½ cup) of soy sauce
- 30 ml (or 1 tablespoon) of balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (or 1 tablespoon) of sesame oil
- Stevia equivalent of 60 ml (or 2 tablespoons) of sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 15 g (or 1 tablespoon) of fresh ginger
- 5 g (or 1 tablespoon) of freshly ground black pepper
- 5 g (or 1 tablespoon) of cayenne pepper
- Wash the ribs under warm running water and pat them dry.
- Place the ribs in a bowl.
- Finely dice, grate, or press the garlic and ginger and add to the ribs in the bowl.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup and mix them thoroughly.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the ribs, then turn each rib a couple of times until all of them are coated.
- Marinate the ribs in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning them once or twice during that time to redistribute the marinade.
- Grill, broil, or barbecue the ribs for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the meat is cooked to medium-rare.