Menu Notes: This was a salad accompaniment in my Thanksgiving Menu 2012
- 10 to 12 leaves of kale
- 15 ml (or 1 tablespoon) of salad grade olive oil
- Cut along both sides of the center stem of each kale leaf and discard the stems.
- Rinse the kale pieces and dry them by first spinning in a salad spinner then leaving them uncovered in the refrigerator overnight.
- About an hour before serving, heat the oven to 121°C (or 250°F).
- Toss the dried kale pieces in the olive oil by shaking them with the oil inside a larged covered container, until each piece shows a fine layer of oil on both sides. This can take several minutes.
- Lay the kale pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheet or a rectangle of aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes. If kale pieces are not light and crunchy, keep them in the oven and check every 5 minutes until they are done.
- Serve within 10 minutes of cooking them. If they get limp, place them in the oven at the baking temperature and check every 5 minutes until they are crunchy again.